What is the campaign about?
We are a campaign striving for fairness in gambling.
So, our campaign is centred around the three licensing objectives of the Gambling Act 2005, aimed at:
- preventing gambling from being a source of crime or disorder, being associated with crime or disorder or being used to support crime,
- ensuring that gambling is conducted in a fair and open way, and
- protecting children and other vulnerable persons from being harmed or exploited by gambling.
We aim to:
- Engage with politicians to toughen legislation
- Gather evidence of unfairness and non-transparency
- Rally support from special interest groups to highlight the negative social and economic impact caused by problem gambling under the current legislation
Who are we?
The Campaign for Fairer Gambling (www.fairergambling.org), a not-for-profit entity funded by Derek Webb and Hannah O’Donnell.
Derek Webb was a successful poker player, businessman and the inventor of Three Card Poker; a game that is played worldwide on casino tables and is an expert in understanding gambling game content and gambler behaviour. Derek and his partner, Hannah O’Donnell, have retired from commercial activity following an asset sale of their gambling games to a US public company. Derek and Hannah provide funding for the Campaign for Fairer Gambling and the Stop the FOBTs Campaign
Adrian Parkinson, Campaign Consultant:
Adrian Parkinson is a former betting industry insider who has held various senior management positions with national bookmakers. As a Regional Manager he was responsible for Fixed Odds Betting Terminals (FOBTs) and was involved in their development from 1999 onwards. His extensive knowledge of the betting industry and in particular FOBTs gives him a unique understanding of the problems associated with them.
Adrian turned whistle blower on the bookmaking industry and appeared in Panorama’s Gambling Nation where he lifted the lid on FOBT gambling addiction and violence in betting shops. He is now a Consultant and spokesperson for the Campaign.
Contact Adrian: email@example.com